Monday, September 26, 2011

Home Schooling beginnings

So, I'm pretty seriously considering homeschooling my kids.

I have such huge excitement every time I think about it! I have written up plan after plan. I researched until I have felt completely hopeless, then researched until I felt completely competent (and back and forth it goes!). I have consulted all my teacher friends. I have absolutely yakked my husband's ear off (sorry). I have even actually convinced my mum that it is a brilliant idea! I have been talking to my children about it for a few years and they all think it sounds great!

Now what??? Well, I was waiting for the right timing. God's timing. I now even feel that He is giving me the go-ahead. Do you know that feeling when you have been waiting and anticipating and the date gets closer and you think you are going to pop? (Every woman who has ever been pregnant knows what I'm talking about!) Well, I feel like that. I like it.

I keep thinking that I will do it next year. I still need to find a good math program. I still need to do a lot of things. However, most people I talk to say 'just jump in, you will figure it out as you go'. That is pretty much my life! So that approach works for me.

I love the idea of blogging my whole experience, come what may! I plan to. Time may restrict me but I will try!

No comments:

Post a Comment